Thank you for visiting il azzurri's official website.
We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions from our customers.
If your problem has not been resolved, please feel free to contact us using the contact form.
- Is there pay-per-view TV content?
- Pay TV is not available, but we do offer digital terrestrial broadcasting and BS broadcasting services.
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
- Check-in is from 3:00PM and check-out is at 11:00AM the next morning.
If you arrive early, you may leave your luggage with us.
- Can I leave my valuables with you?
- Valuables are kept free of charge at the front desk. Please feel free to inquire.
- Do all the rooms have ocean views?
- All rooms are oceanfront with a view of Suruga Bay.
You can enjoy moonlit evenings and skies sprinkled with stars.
- Sleeping with your child
- Infants (pre-school children) sleep free of charge.
For more information: see the il azzurri facilities page outline.
- When bathing in the open-air baths in my room, will I be in full view by guests or other people?
- All rooms feature oceanfront views so you will see Suruga Bay in front of the building.
In order to enhance guests' sense of carefreeness and to ensure great views from their rooms for all our guests while bathing, we have minimized blindfolds, etc. However, we ask our guests to wear a bathing clothes when bathing.
*Views vary depending on the guest room. Guests may be visible from adjacent facilities or from Sanshiro Island (e.g., during the tombolo phenomenon).
- Will I be able to see the sunset from my room?
- You will be able to see the wonderful Nishiizu sunset, which was selected as one of the 100 best sunsets. In good weather, you can see it not only from your room but also from the open-air bath.
- Is it possible to make a group reservation ?
- We do not accept reservations for groups of 8 people or more when reserving from our official site.
Please consult this for precautions when making a reservation for a group or organization.
About facilities and equipment provided in the building.
- Are the facilities wheelchair accessible?
- There is a slope up to the building entrance, and once inside we can help confirm that you can access your room using your wheelchair.
However, please note that there is a step of about 10cm at the entrance of the room / large communal bath.
Also, if you have any particular requests, we will respond to the best of our ability, so please feel free to contact us.
- Can I move about the building in room-wear or pajamas?
- Guests are asked not to wear room-wear or pajamas except when going through the guestroom floors or to the public baths.
- Are there drink vending machines?
- There are beverage vending machine next to the elevators on guest room floors.
About the hotel restaurant and bar
- I have food allergies/foods that don't agree with me...
- Please feel free to let us know if you have any food preferences or allergies.
The buffet style dining allows you to avoid the foods you don't eat. Please ask our staff for information about the ingredients we use.。
*Please note that some preferences related to allergies cannot be accommodated.
About common baths/bathing
- Could you tell me the schedule for the common baths?
- 3:00PM～12:00AM 5:00AM～10:30AM
*The baths are partitioned, and male and female bathers switch sides according to the schedule
- Is body soap, shampoo and conditioner available at the common baths?
- Yes they are.
- Are bathers at open-air baths fully visible?
- The common bathhouse faces some cliffs and the sea (Suruga Bay). To help enhance guests' sense of carefreeness as well as their view from the bath, blindfolds etc. are kept to a minimum. However, we ask guests to wear a bathing clothes when bathing.
*Bathing clothes are requested as there is nothing blocking the view from adjacent facilities or Sanshiro Island (e.g., during the tombolo phenomenon).
- Are there any privately reserved baths?
- Doukutsu no Yu can be privately reserved.
*It is presently closed.
- I'd like to know more about the public bath.
- *The common baths are partitioned, and male and female bathers switch sides according to the schedule.
Each has an indoor bath and an outdoor bath, and you can see Suruga Bay, Sanshiro Island, and the tombolo phenomenon in front of you. As for the spring water properties, it is a calcium/sodium sulfate spring.
It is recommended for conditions including neuralgia, muscle pain, bruises, sensitivity to cold, chronic skin diseases, recovery from fatigue, and for better health generally.
*Tombolo...... a rare phenomenon in which a landbridge appears between Sanshiro Island and the mainland at low tide.
About access / parking
- Does the hotel arrange taxi service for guests?
- Yes we do. Please inquire at the front desk.
Please note that dispatching a cab will take some time.
- If I come by/leave by bus, do you offer pick-up/drop-off service?
- Yes we do.
A free shuttle service from the hotel to the nearest bus stop "Dogashima" is available.
We can pick you up when you arrive at the bus stop. We can also pick you up after your sightseeing boat tour or your visit to the Kayama Yuzo Museum, etc. Please feel free to call us.
*Please note that we do not provide transportation to Shuzenji or Shimoda.
- Do I need reserve a parking space? Is there a fee?
- Parking is free for all guests.
Parking capacity is approx. 50 cars (outdoor capacity: approx. 42 cars, garage: 8 cars)
- Regarding pets
- Guests are not allowed to bring pets to the hotel.
Guide dogs and service dogs are allowed; please inquire at the time of reservation.
Information about the area
- Are there any banks nearby?
- There are no banks in the Dogashima area. The nearest ATM is located at a 7-Eleven about a 3-minute walk away.
- Are there any convenience stores nearby?
- There is a 7-Eleven about 3 minutes away on foot. It is conveniently located right in front of the Dogashima bus stop, where the Kayama Yuzo Museum and Dogashima sightseeing boats are located. (ATMs are also available).
- I forgot my phone charger.
- We have equipment available for loan. Please ask our staff.
- What is the tombolo phenomenon?
- Tombolo is a phenomenon where land and islands normally separated by the sea are connected at low tide by a dried-up seabed. In the case of Dogashima, the land is Sehama Beach and the island is Sanshiro Island. So during low tide, you can walk from Sehama Beach to Sanshiro Island. Please be careful with your footing as there are large stones lying all around.
- I would like to send souvenirs by courier.
- We provide a courier service through our hotel store. We will prepare cardboard boxes, etc., so please contact the store if you wish to use this service. (Delivery is by Kuroneko Yamato.)
- Can I leave my luggage after check-out?
- Yes you can. Please inquire at the front desk.
- Can I leave my luggage with staff before entering the room?
- Yes you can. Please inquire at the front desk.